Computing Workshops Spring 2016
You must sign up for the workshops you are interested in taking by using our enrollment form. In order to participate fully, it is recommended that you bring a laptop.
If you complete eight workshops in this series, you will meet the requirement to apply to teach online/hybrid classes in the Writing Programs. You must attend two workshops by Ellen Johnson. A minimum of 4 workshops must be completed before April 1 to request hybrid teaching for Spring 2017.
Ellen Johnson's Online Teaching Pedagogy Spring Schedule (Follow us on Twitter @ OP_ASU (Note the underscore after the OP)):
- Issues in Converting FTF Assignments to Online/Hybrid Lessons
Thursday, February 18 at 1 -2:30 p.m. LL 648C
- Using Blogs and Journals in Hybrid and Online Courses
Tuesday, March 1 at 1-2:30 p.m. LL648C
- Testing Options in the Online/Hybrid Classroom
Friday, March 25 at 3-4:30 p.m. LL648C
- Bring Your Questions: Open Roundtable re: Online/Hybrid Classes
Monday, April 11 at 10:30-12 p.m.. LL648C
- Using Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter in the Online/Hybrid Classroom
Wednesday, April 20 at 12:30-1:45 LL 648 C
- Teaching Rhetoric in the Online/Hybrid Class
Wednesday, April 27 at 1 -2:30 p.m. LL648 C
Email Ellen.Johnson@asu.edu to register.
Also, I am available by appointment to help you with any thing you need. Just email me for a time.
Additional places to receive training.
- UTO Training has both Face to Face and self-paced online workshops:https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/utotraining/blackboard
- TeachOnline: Resources for Teaching Online: http://teachonline.asu.edu/
Enrollment is required for all workshops
|1/20, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C||Blackboard Grade Center (Weighted Grades)|
|1/27, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C||Blackboard Assignments (Crocodoc for in-browser commenting and editing of assignments) and SafeAssignments (source matching)|
|2/10, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C||TechSmith Relay (PowerPoint narration and screen recorder)|
2/17, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
MediaAMP (New to ASU)
3/2, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
Learn from experienced hybrid and online teachers: Heather Hoyt and Sam Ruckman
3/16, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
Learn from experienced hybrid and online teachers: Dana Tait and Courtney Fowler
3/30, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
TechSmith Relay (PowerPoint narration and screen recorder)
4/6, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
Online Conferencing Tools - Google Hangouts
4/13, Noon - 1:30 pm, LL 648C
|Google Drive/Docs - Peer Review Emphasis|
This schedule is subject to change depending on staff and classroom resources. If you have questions about a particular workshop, or would like to suggest a workshop, please e-mail Bruce Matsunaga