Everything old is new again
Crossword déjà vu
Our ASU English crosswordian has outdone himself this time with a very layered puzzle; in a way, it's an ode to recycling. Doesn't it seem like what goes around, comes around, again and again? Regents Professor Alberto Ríos's newest puzzle celebrates this human penchant for clinging to the past even as we're striving toward greater innovation and creativity.
→Try the interactive version!
1. Football's Odell Beckham Jr.
3. From Bullfinch's snake-headed goddess to Vegas party girl
8. Inventor Cover's Tom A. Swift Electric Rifles, inspired by 1911 novel
9. Richard Branson formed this Virgin company for private spaceflight
12. What we must show everywhere we go
13. From Ulysses's chronicler to D'oh
14. Edgar Allan Poe's gift to football
15. According to Shakespeare, Much of this was About Nothing
16. Sheeran, who sang "Shape of You"
18. Where buds like to hang
20. From Biblical Raising Cain to Raising Cane food
22. He was terrible
23. Holden was The Catcher in this, whose novel title was based on a poem by Robert Burns
24. Deoxyribonucleic Acid
25. Put an end to; cancel; deny
27. Pride and Prejudice author
31. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (1941) from Karel Čapek's play
33. Opposite of outs
34. Asimov trilogy that included the Wikipedia-like Encyclopedia Galactica
2. Authored 1865 From the Earth to the Moon
3. It's a sin to kill one in Lee novel
4. Dry, dryer, ...
5. Author of The Handmaid's Tale
6. Extrasensory Perception
7. Noah's solution to climate change
9. In 1949, in 1984 he portrayed manipulation of truth and news
10. Shelley wrote about organ transplants in this 1818 novel
11. Familiar fire-bird of Greek and Roman legend
17. Marvel Comics rival
19. From Shakespeare's Roman emperor to ubiquitous Vegas main street presence
21. From literary Odyssey to Odyssey auto company
26. Cleopatra's overdose
28. A Pound of poetry
29. Jamaican tangelo, opposite of pretti
30. National Aeronautics and Space Admin
32. River in Sonora