English graduate students in a league of their own at pitching contest
ASU doctoral and MFA students in humanities disciplines were invited to compete in a Connected Academics Pitching Contest held on April 13. Participants "pitched" ideas for research funding (in a "spoken" category) or a written piece to be published in a public-facing venue (in the "written" category), with winners taking home monetary awards. Department of English students secured five of the seven prizes!
Following is a list of winners in each category; English honorees are bolded.
1. Mari Ocando, Spanish ($1000)
2. Cheyenne "Anna" Black, Creative Writing ($500)
1. Narin Loa, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics ($1000)
2. Anthony Celaya, English Education ($500)
1. Xuan Wang-Wolf, Chinese ($300)
2. Anthony Celaya, English Education ($300)
3. Michael Winans, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics ($300)
Congratulations to all the awardees!