Submit an Online Graduate Admissions Application along with the required application fee.
Please have the following items sent to Arizona State University Graduate Enrollment Services:
- Official transcripts from degree granting institutions. For more information, please visit Graduate Application Procedure.
- Official test score reports (if required) (institution code is 4007)
- International students must submit proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS score).
*The GRE is not required for admission.
Have your official transcripts, test scores and other official documents sent to:
|Regular Mail||FedEd, DHL, UPS|
|Admission Services Applicant Processing|
Arizona State University
PO Box 871004
Tempe, AZ 85287-1004
|Arizona State University|
Admission Services Applicant Processing
1150 East University Drive Building C, Room 226
Tempe, AZ 85281
Graduate Admissions only accept the following electronic transcript services: E-Scrip, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts must be sent directly to email@example.com from those transcript services or from the institutions that use those services. We do not take forwarded or emailed transcripts.
ASU accepts unofficial transcripts as part of the application. This is the only way we will accept unofficial transcripts. Emailed transcripts are not acceptable. If you are admitted to the university, you will be required to send official transcripts to the university.
*International students for whom English is not a native language must also submit evidence of English proficiency. This can be done in one of three ways:
- One of the following results on a standardized English proficiency test: (a) 100 or higher on the TOEFL; (b) 7.0 or higher on the IELTS;
- A grade of "A" in all Advanced 2 classes in the ASU Global Launch Program (http://global.asu.edu/aecp);
- One of the following from a regionally accredited college/university in the US: (a) a bachelor's degree or higher; (b) at least 90 semester hours of undergraduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale; (c) at least 12 semester hours of graduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
The following supporting documents MUST BE uploaded into your online graduate application:
- Statement of Purpose, no more than two pages, summarizing past educational experiences and goals in pursuing a graduate degree
- Academic Writing Sample, if required by program. For example, one critical paper or research paper 10-25 pages prepared in an upper-division or graduate English course. This paper should show no markings or evaluative comments by a previous grader.
- CV or résumé
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with your work. (You will be asked for your recommenders' email addresses in the online application. Recommenders will be contacted automatically with the link to upload their letters. Do not send hard copies of letters of recommendation. You may log into your MyASU account to check the receipt of letters of recommendation and send reminders to recommenders. You can also check the status of your application.)
All supporting documents, including letter of recommendations, must be uploaded by the deadlines stated above.