Central Arizona Writing Project | CAWP
CAWP in June 2021 will be ONLINE due to COVID-19
- We are one of two National Writing Project sites in Arizona, housed in the Department of English, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. We offer professional development in the teaching of writing and literacy for K-12 districts, schools, and teachers.
- The National Writing Project is a network: http://www.nwp.org
The National Writing Project focuses this knowledge, expertise, and leadership of our nation’s educators on sustained efforts to improve writing and learning for all learners.
Writing in the many forms is the signature means of communications in the 21st century. The NWP envisions a future where every person is an accomplished writer, engaged learner, and active participant in a digital, interconnected world.
- Contact Information:
a. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Phone: 480-965-3224
c. Fax: 480-965-0605
- Professional Development for K-University Teachers:
• Invitational Summer Institute: an intensive, 2 week summer program for K-University teachers will be ONLINE due to COVID-19. cawp_app_2021.docx
• Open Institutes: one-week programs open to all K-college educators. A recent offering was “Crossing Lines: Tools for Teaching Tough Topics.”
• 1- Day Professional Inservice Days on teaching K-12 writing. Topics include: College and Career Ready Writing, Writing Workshop, Narrative, Argument Writing, Digital Writing, College Admissions Essays, and Rhetoric.
- CAWP summer Young Adult Writing Program: for students in grades 4th-12th will be held ONLINE due to COVID-19. https://english.asu.edu/yawp
Writing has never been more important to our daily lives. Welcome to the network; we’re glad you are here.