Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
The Department of English at Arizona State University invites applications for a Lecturer position in Film and Media Studies with an anticipated start date of January 2020. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment made on an academic year basis (Aug 16 – May 15).
Essential Functions of the job:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Teach undergraduate and graduate students in Film and Media Studies courses
• Contribute to curriculum development
• Engage in professional, university, and community service as appropriate
• Ph.D. in Film and Media Studies or related discipline in hand by the time of appointment
• Specialization in one or more of the following areas: digital media studies and practices, media industry studies, genre studies, cultural studies of race, gender, sexuality, and/or class.
• Evidence of strong commitment to teaching and at least two years of experience teaching film and media studies at the college level
• Evidence of an active research profile in Film and Media Studies;
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of underrepresented student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
• Record of public humanities work or demonstrated potential to advance a public humanities agenda
• Experience with online education
To apply, please send electronically to: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/ASU/English
No paper applications, faxes or emails will be accepted.
Initial Application Deadline is August 14, 2019; if not filled, applications will be reviewed every Monday thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Department of English on the Tempe Campus at Arizona State University invites applications for Faculty Associates to teach lower, upper division, and/or graduate courses, online and/or on-campus in: Creative Writing; English Education; Film and Media Studies; Linguistics and Applied Linguistics; Literature; Writing, Rhetorics and Literacies, and/or Writing Programs. These positions are one semester appointments, part time, non-benefits eligible with no tenure implications. A typical Faculty Associate course load is one to two classes per semester. Teaching duties include: preparing course materials, responding to and evaluating student work, and availability for one-on-one assistance (via weekly office hours for on-campus classes and electronically for online classes).
Anticipated start date is either Spring 2019, Summer 2019 or Fall 2019.
This is a paperless search; only electronic materials will be accepted. To apply, please submit electronically to: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/asu/english the following:
Initial review of applications will begin on February 15, 2019 and continue on the 15th and 30th in subsequent months throughout the academic year as needed until the search is closed. Faculty Associate vacancy announcements will be posted on an annual basis. Applicants who are not hired within the current academic year are welcome to re-apply - applications do not roll forward from the previous pool recruitment.
A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html
AJO has an 8 MB single file upload limit, see this FAQ for workarounds: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/faqs/0/41