Lyon Award Submission Period: October 4 - October 28 2022
Mabelle A. Lyon published more than 1,000 poems in commercial and literary magazines and anthologies. She founded the first public library in Goodyear, Arizona and co-founded the Arizona Poetry Society, serving as the first president. After she died, friends and family of Lyon made a memorial gift to establish the Mabelle A. Lyon Poetry Award at ASU in honor of her love of poetry. The Mabelle A. Lyon Poetry Award is open to ASU MFA Creative Writing students and undergraduate students in the Creative Writing Concentration.
Mabelle A. Lyon Poetry Award: $300
- Sign into your ASU Gmail Account
- Follow the link to the AY 22-23 Lyon Poetry Award Submission Page
- Complete the information form provided
- Upload/Submit ONE poem of ANY length at the bottom of this form
- The poem can be in Word .docx or .pdf formats
- Your poetry submission should consist of the poem title and text only
- The submission deadline is 5:00pm on October 29, 2021.
AY 2022-23 Judge: DIANA MARIE DELGADO
Diana Marie Delgado is the author of the chapbook Late Night Talks with Men I think I Trust (Center for the Book Arts, 2015) and Tracing the Horse (BOA Editions, Ltd., 2019). A National Endowment for the Arts fellow and recipient of numerous scholarship and grants, she currently resides in Tucson where she is the Literary Director of the Poetry Center at the University of Arizona. She holds MFA degrees in poetry from both Columbia University and the University of California, Riverside.
- 2022-2023: Cari Muñoz
- 2021-2022: Mónica García
- 2020-2021: Julian Delacruz
- 2019-2020: Anna Flores
- 2018-2019: Maritza Estrada
- 2017-2018: [No award given]
- 2016-2017: Jack Geist
- 2015-2016: Kyle Bassett
- 2014-2015: Reese Conner
- 2013-2014: Dorothy Chan
For more information, contact Creative Writing Program Manager, Justin Petropoulos at email@example.com.