Tau Gamma is the ASU Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, an international English honor society that was established in 1924 to confer distinction for high achievement in English language, literature, and writing. The Tau Gamma Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta is open to all ASU students—regardless of major or GPA—who have an interest in English, including writing, reading, film, and more! Tau Gamma strives to:
- Foster scholarship in the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Cultivate interest in all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members and;
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
With over 870 active chapters located in the United States and abroad, there are more than 1,000 Faculty Sponsors, and approximately 9,000 members inducted annually.
Sigma Tau Delta also recognizes the accomplishments of professional writers who have contributed to the fields of language and literature.
The Tau Gamma Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta is open to all students at ASU regardless of major with:
- Two English courses at ASU at the 200 level or above
- 3.0 average in the above courses
- Overall 3.0 GPA
The one-time cost to join the Tau Gamma Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta is $50. To join, fill out and print the enrollment form and mail or drop it off along with your check or money order (made out to Arizona State University) to:
Department of English
Arizona State University
1102 S. McAllister Ave.
Tempe, AZ, 85287-1401
Attn: C. WALLEN
The Fall enrollment deadline is December 3rd.
Questions? Contact Professor James Blasingame.