Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Appointments can be made for 15, 30 or 45 minutes and are available weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments can be booked up to two weeks ahead of time, and advanced booking is recommended.

Should you be unable to schedule within available hours, please contact the advising office to review other possible options.

Students can meet with us on Zoom or by phone.  Please indicate your preference when you schedule through our online appointment scheduling system. 

Yes! In order for you and your advisor to make the best use of your appointment time, we request that you review your DARS report and major map and that you bring a list of questions.

DARS stands for “Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS).” This is the system ASU uses to track your progress toward degree requirements.  You can access your DARS report from your MyASU page. Follow the instructions here to run and interpret your report.

Any time you want! If you are a freshman or transfer student, you are required to seek advising before you are able to schedule your classes. You also might be required to meet with advising for academic status or critical tracking issues. But you can also come see us for any academic questions, including degree requirements, selecting classes, academic success strategies, or locating campus resources and opportunities. 

For overrides or questions about first-year composition classes, please email For other ENG and FMS courses, or for other types of overrides, fill out this online form.

Yes! Academic advisors meet with both current and prospective majors. We’ll provide you with information you need to choose the option that works best for you.

If you are ready to change your major into English or Film and Media Studies, we can do that for you without an advising appointment. Forms to request a change of major can be completed here.

Earning a minor or certificate enhances your degree by demonstrating that you have some proficiency in a subject area outside your major area of study.  If you want to add a minor or certificate to your major, you can start by contacting your advisor in the Department of English.

We’ll be sorry to see you go, but we understand that sometimes students’ plans change. You can change explore majors and declare a new major online here.

Feel free to meet with an advisor in the Department of English or in your intended new program if you need any further assistance and we will be happy to help.

First, contact your advisor in the Department of English and we will start the process for you.

Though not required, you may want to meet with an advisor in the area of your concurrent degree to discuss admissions requirements, courses in the program, and professional opportunities. Please let us know if we can help connect you to an advisor in another area.

Refer to Barrett, the Honors College for the most up-to-date information on honors contracts as well as the thesis or creative project.